d1 $ note ((scaleP scalePattern $ off 4 ((+ 2 ).slow 2) $ off 1 (inversion.slow 2) $ off 3 (inversion.slow 3) $ off 1.5 ((+ 2).rev.slow 2) $ generateMelodicSeed ))#s "[pe-gtr:10,midi]" #gain 1 #orbit 0 #midichan 1
scalePattern = slow 16 "
I checked out a microbrute from the Ann Arbor public library a while back and had a blast playing with it. I decided to try and make a whole track using just sounds designed on the microbrute. I filmed the result and put it on youtube.
You can check it out here: weekly challenge 1 – make a whole track using only a microbrute
It was fun to have a little challenge to work on as a starting point for a track and filming it somehow helped hold me accountable to finishing the result. I hope to make a bunch more of these in the coming year.